Thursday, November 1, 2012

Whole 30 COMPLETE!

The
 Day 31 and I have completed The Whole 30!

To recap, my goals for the Whole 30.

Goals of my Whole 30:
1. Reduce inflammation in my heels. What I believe to be retrocalcaneal bursitis. Although the doctor things it is Achilles Tendinitis.
Pain in my heels have gone away. Although every now and then it comes back if running but goes away much quicker. I did a WOD that totaled 150 double unders, broken into 2 sets of 75 double unders and my heel was fine. Before the Whole 30 I would feel pain on the back of my heel and now I was doing good. The other day I ran up a hill and had slight pain but went away later in the day and this morning I am doing great! Pre Whole 30 that would not be the case. This is actually the first time in many months that the back of my heel does not hurt. So as far as reducing inflammation, I say this was a huge success!

2. Increase benchmark times. Improve overall fitness level.
Two days before I started the Whole 30 I did "Diane." My time was 9:12 a Pr. Today I did "Diane" again and my time was 9:40. I may have gone out too fat vein over anxious. I did notice that post WOD I wasn't nearly as exhausted as I remember I was when I hit 9:12. I think that my conditioning may have gotten better but I may have lost some strength. I can't really say what it is. I don't want to make excuses for myself. Next time I will do better and Pr!

Ps. My other theory is that since I wasn't wearing my sweatband I didn't have my Dan Bailey super powers. No excuses...Just saying.

3. Find a baseline for my body. What foods affect me in what ways. For example, Can I drink milk, eat cheese, yogurt, whey?
I will have to figure out this part later. This is part of my post Whole 30 tests.

4. Learn how to eat better and spot unhealthy eating habits.
I have defiantly learned a lot about processed foods, buying pre-made foods, and cooking. I found myself saying "they put sugar in everything!" or "What!? that has sugar too?" I guess I'm not the only one since whole9 had this photo...

I also learned that I am a decent cook. I was able to make a few things that I never thought I could do. The great thing is that is was not only healthy but also delicious! Even my family not on the Whole30 enjoyed it. Proving that healthy and tasty can and do, go hand in hand.


5.Get a 10 pack! Okay, well lets be honest, it is nice to lose some fat as well. I won't say that this is the main goal of the Whole 30, its defiantly on the list. Although I would be happy with a 6 pack.

Well I don't have a 10 pack but I am defiantly on my way to that sixer. During this whole thing I lost about 9-12 pounds. I am told that it is noticeable in my body and face.

I would call this whole thing s huge success. I am extremely happy I found the Whole 30 and reading "It starts with food."

Now I will be adding things back into my diet and tracking how they affect my body. We'll see how this goes!







No comments:

Post a Comment