Monday, April 30, 2012

Gear purchase locally in Hawaii (Oahu)


One of the hardest things I found in buying gear is the shipping. Since I live in Hawaii we are punished by ridiculous shipping costs. So I am always looking for the best deals I can find. While most sites have the dreaded "48 contiguous states," or "except Alaska and Hawaii," There are a few places that will ship to Hawaii and have free or decent shipping rates. 

Hawaii has a local store that sells CrossFit equipment with a staff that is experienced and knowledgeable in the gear that they sell. Total Fitness USA near Marukai.

They have pretty much everything you need. While some of the gear is on the pricey side, when you factor shipping to Hawaii, it is about the same or cheaper. Sometimes it might be a few bucks more expensive but the value that you get from going into the store and touching the item is invaluable. The other great benefit to Total Fitness USA is the staff. Extremely knowledgeable in the equipment... because they actually use it! As fellow CrossFitters they know what you need and can help with not only gear but other aspects of CrossFit. A few of them are even CrossFit Level 1 Certified. So to me the information that I can get from them is work paying a little bit extra for the gear. Plus it helps the the local economy and they are good guys to talk with.

Since I'm not made of money, money is a factor so I do check out craigslist and other online vendors. 






No comments:

Post a Comment