Monday, May 7, 2012

KT Tape Pro: Day 5, Morning removal.

Good morning! Welcome to day 5 of my KT Tape Pro trial run. The tape is securely fastened to my back although I am still a bit skeptical as to whether or not it is doing anything anymore. I have decided to take the tape off now. One thing that leads me to believe that the elasticity in the tape is no longer present is the wrinkles in the strip. According to the KT Tape Pro website there will be wrinkles in the tape when you sit back up from being tapped.

I should have thought of that earlier. I will test more of the tape on a different location that will be easier to view and photograph. I might try my shoulder or knee. 

In summary. 

KT Tape Pro worked quite well for the first 3 days or so. Then started to show signs of wear and loss of elasticity in the strips. I find that the biggest problem with the tape is not that the tape will fall off, since it was very secure for the most part, but rather the loss of elasticity in the tape causing it to not function as desired. Even as I pull the tape off of my back right now it is still very securely stuck to my back. The KT Tape Pro handles well in the water. Although prolonged use in water on multiple days combined with strenuous workouts may have been the contributing factor to the loss of elasticity and peeling. Since the preliminary tests were promising I will be ordering more KT Tape Pro to try on my shoulder and/or knee. I have some Rock Tape and Rock Tape H20 in the mail already so I will try that next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment