Friday, October 19, 2012

Goat Tape

We all have been there, bloody hands and bloody bars.

The other week I finally had a pretty bad tear on my hands during CrossFit WOD "Angie."

"Angie"
100 Pullups
100 Push Ups
100 Situps
100 Squats


On pullup, I think it was 97, I noticed that I had ripped my hand open and my other hand was rather close to doing the same. I pushed through and finished the WOD. There was some blood here, there and...not sure how it got over there...

Needless to say it was not cool. It took a few days for my hand to heal, not that long but still annoying. I had looked into buying gymnastic grips before but the ones I tried on did not fit my hand right and the hole for the fingers were to large. Since the holes were too large they seemed as if they would not protect my hand in the one part I really needed protection, the base of my finger...where all the callouses live.

On twitter I had seen this new type of athletic tape, "Goat Tape." It is supposed to be stickier and made for wrapping your hands for pullups. I liked this idea since one of the things I noticed about regular althetic tape was that it did not stick to me very well and would end up coming off before I even finished my warmup. Yes, my warmup.

I am hopeful that this tape will be as sticky as it claims and I am very excited and a bit scared to test it out. I am just looking for the right WOD to do as a test. Maybe I will do "Angie" again or just do 100 pullups for time.

Check back soon for the follow up and conclusion.



No comments:

Post a Comment