Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Whole 30, Act 2, Day 18 and the BACON wrapped Chicken!

Today I decide to finally make my bacon wrapped chicken with jalapenos. I have been planning on making this for a while and finally got around to do it. I am not a chef or a cook and I kind of just tossed some stuff together that I thought would taste good. The idea first came to me because I had chicken and bacon, and thought bacon wrapped anything is good. I was actually pretty surprised how good it tasted. It was cooked just right, the chicken was moist and delicious, the jalapenos and garlic were tasty without being over powering.

Me being me I forgot to get my Jalapenos today. So instead of being lazy I went to go buy some. While I was there I decided to grab some sundried tomatoes.

Ingredients:
approximately 2 pounds of chicken breasts
Garlic
Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
2 Jalapenos
Sundried tomatoes
2 packages of bacon (sugar free)

I sliced the Jalapenos into thin slices and chopped the garlic. I chose not to mince the garlic as I wanted to chunks there and knew they would reduce down once cooked.

I added the salt, pepper, garlic and jalapeno slices to the chicken on both sides. Then started to wrap the chicken...well tried to wrap the chicken. It was a little difficult to wrap the chicken since my first package of bacon kept falling apart. The second package was much easier to work with but it was still rather difficult to wrap the chicken. I tried to keep the folded parts on the bottom so it would seal up when cooked an hopefully prevent it from falling apart when moved after it was cooked.

After setting everything up I forgot about my sundried tomatoes. I tried to put some under the bacon but that didn't really work to well and was making a mess of it so I stopped and just put them on top...bad idea. Don't do that. When it finished cooking the sundried tomatoes that were left to sit on top were all burnt. Whoops...

I pre-heat my oven to 350 degrees. Before I put it in the oven I added a bit more fresh ground pepper. Then I cooked it for 45 minutes. After 45 min. I took a piece out to check if it was cooked, and since I don't have a thermometer I just cut it in half to see if it was finished...Perfecto!


Getting ready to me tossed into the oven...again don't leave the sundried tomatoes on top like that. They are too dry and will burn. The jalapeno is wet enough that it came out fine.

After 45 min in the oven!

A closer look. They are just chillin'


Lunch:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jalapenos, garlic and sun dried tomatoes

Snack:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jalapenos, garlic and sun dried tomatoes

Dinner:
Pot roast 
WOD:
Rest Day

No comments:

Post a Comment