Saturday, November 24, 2012

Constantly varied doesn't end at the movements...

This morning I had a "light-bulb" moment. I was thinking, "how do people wake up at 5am, 6,am, or 7am, for a morning workout? My body does not function like that so early in the morning." This made me realize that I should program a workout dr early in the morning and that when we think of "constantly varied" in CrossFit. It does not, or should not end at the movement. But should also included the time of day and conditions.

If we really want to increase GPP (General Physical Preparedness) and be ready for anything, we should also be prepared to do it at anytime in any condition. I have even noticed the past few days I have been waking up early to go fishing and diving. This early in the morning with little rest made it harder to acclimate to both the boat and the water. My breath hold was limited and my body didn't really start to adjust to being on a boat or in the water till later in the day.

To start my morning workouts I will have them as soon as I wake up and then start to schedule them for specific times. I will start small and do a 7am workout and move towards the 5am workout. Hopefully starting a morning workout will give me energy for the day. After all, It Starts Here...


No comments:

Post a Comment