Friday, December 7, 2012

Jay Robb's Whey Protein



Always searching for new and better Whey Protein I was recommended, "Jay Robb's Whey Protein."


When I first read the label I noticed that it reads to be a very clean whey protein and uses Cold-Presses Cross-Flow Microfiltered whey protein isolate, which I was surprised an happy to read. The label reads almost identical to NOW Whey protein.   
This bag is only a 12 oz pouch, which contains 11 servings. I will buy another pouch so that I can test this protein for another week. 
Reading the labels it seems like this protein is mainly used as a weight loss protein. It even says "Dietary Supplement" on the front. The whey proteins that I have tried before state that they are NOT for dietary supplement. 

Thoughts:
•Dissolves clean. I put it in a shaker bottle without the metal ball agitator and it mixes quick and clean.
•It doesn't taste too bad. Taste like chocolate rice crispys.
•Price, It isn't too horribly expensive. I paid $20 for the 12oz bag.
•It does use Stevia as a sweeter. Something to take note of for those looking at sugars etc.
•The bag is also recyclable, which has nothing to do with the product but it's nice to take note of. 
•I cannot speak to the effectiveness of this protein yet. 


From http://www.jayrobb.com
Sourced from grass fed cows not treated with rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone)

25 grams of protein per serving!
Lactose free
Gluten-free ingredients
No fat, No cholesterol
No sugar, No aspartame
No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
No casein, No msg
Made with stevia
Mixes with a blender or shaker bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment