Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rock Tape Night 1/Day 1

The Story:
Yesterday I got my Rock Tape in the mail and was ready to try this stuff out. I decided to start with the regular Rock Tape. 




The Review:
I will start by saying that the tape feel thinner than the KT Tape Pro. It also feels must more porous and I am not surprised since it is 97% cotton and 3% Nylon. The edges look like they will fray easily which worries me a bit. The edges look like they are cut from larger strips so the cut is made right through the stitching pattern. So far it is holding up well with slight fraying on the sides. Since the product is 97% cotton it also has a very low odor. So people that are sensitive to smells would like that.

Small thing to note is that the box has a slit on the right side so you can have the tape sick out and keep your tape dust free.

Another thing that I really like about Rock Tape is that it is one roll. KT Tape comes as pre-cut strips (I am not sure if they have uncut strips.) This means you have to cut your own strips. It allows you to get a more accurate length to work with as well as giving you more taping options than you would get with a pre-cut strip.

This is one that I found interesting. I, like many people have horrible posture. So this would be interesting to try...Used a lot of tape though.

I decided to use the Rock Tape on my hamstrings since I cant really put it on my back. I also used some Rock Sauce with it. I did notice that the Rock Tape worked to relieve pressure and tightness from my hamstrings and I am excited to try this during a WOD. Maybe I'll try it with high rep deadlifts.  Who know maybe I can beat Chris Speallers Diane time (1:52) with this stuff on...Now that would be something.

When I woke up this morning the Rock Tape was securely fasten to my hamstring. Still working and barley noticeable.



Pros:
Customer Service
Low Odor
Single Roll of Tape

Cons:
Frays

No comments:

Post a Comment