Saturday, May 5, 2012

KT Tape Initial Thoughts...

Initial Thoughts:

KT Tape was nice enough to send me a trial pack in the mail. It came very fast. I got it in a few days. So off the bat KT Tape gets a +1 due do excellent customer service and follow up. 

KT tape recommends that you do not wear the tape for longer than 5 days. Although it says that it can stay on for 7 days. Contradicting information...Hoping they get back to me soon. 

I watched the video on the KT Tape website on how to apply KT Tape and had my sister assist me since I can't put it on my own back.

I could tell that the tape was doing something after I walked around a bit. It is hard to describe the feeling, it was almost as if the tape helped to remove the pressure on my lower back. 

KT Tape PRO is comfortable and does not bother me when it is on. I barley notice that it is their, aside from the pressure and pain relief. 

The first night I had it on I woke up and part of the tape seemed to be rolling up so I just rubbed it down and it was fine. Later that morning I went to the beach to go diving (now I am going to have KT Tape tan lines...) and when I came out the tape was stuck to me like glue. No shift no pealing. It was as if I wasn't in the water at all. The tape does absorb water so it stayed wet a for a few minutes after you leave the water. After a shower it is the same way. You might want to let it dry off before you put on a nice shirt or else you will have wet KT Tape marks on your shirt. 

After the beach I did my CrossFit WOD... 
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
135 pound Power cleans, 3 reps
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.
Post rounds completed for each of the 5 cycles.

Needless to say this was a pretty brutal WOD where you will sweat and move. I moved but the KT Tape didn't budge. The last thing I would want to think about during a WOD is some annoying tape flapping around on my back (although in this WOD I was in drone mode and might not of noticed). When I finished my fifth round I did my usual flopping around on the ground. When I got up I checked my tape and everything was good to go. 

So far I am very happy with how well this tape sticks to my skin without irritating me. 

Today will be the third day so we will see how it holds up. 


Front:
Back:


The trail pack came with two strips of KT Tape, a yellow and a black peice. From first look I have to say it looks pretty cool. KT Tape Pro is their new 100% synthetic tape and if you sniff the tape you can smell the plastic and glue smell. It is not a strong smell, you can only smell if it you put your nose right on it. So it isn't an issue for me.




In the package it also came with a mini guide for common applications. There is also a link to their website which has a lot of videos on how to put the tape on for different applications.



No comments:

Post a Comment